Study in Australia from Nepal
Australia stands out not only as an attractive destination for students but also as a dynamic and technologically advanced nation that provides students from across the globe with a promising educational and career experience.
Australia is a highly coveted choice among Nepali students, primarily because of its outstanding educational standards, quality of life, and hospitable ambiance. It magnetizes students worldwide, including those from Nepal, who seek top-tier education.
With an extensive array of programs and a multitude of institutions numbering over 1,100, which include esteemed universities, Australia offers an exceptional academic environment. It encompasses a wide spectrum of study disciplines, presenting ample opportunities for international students to pursue their preferred fields, including language, nursing, and medicine.
Interesting Facts About Australia
- Unique Wildlife: Australia is known for its unique wildlife, including kangaroos, koalas, and the platypus.
- Great Barrier Reef: The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest coral reef system and can be seen from space.
- Low Population Density: Australia is vast but has a relatively low population density, with most people living along the coasts.
- Indigenous Culture: Australia has the world’s oldest living Indigenous culture, dating back over 65,000 years.
- Diverse Ecosystems: The country features diverse ecosystems, from deserts to rainforests.
- Sports Enthusiasts: Australians are passionate about sports like cricket, rugby, and Australian rules football.
- Natural Wonders: Australia boasts numerous natural wonders, including Uluru (Ayers Rock) and the Twelve Apostles along the Great Ocean Road.
Why is Australia popular among International Students?
- High-Quality Education: Australia is known for its world-class education system. Many of its universities consistently rank among the top in global university rankings. The country has a strong reputation for academic excellence and research output.
- Diverse Range of Courses: Australian universities offer a wide variety of courses and programs across different fields of study. This diversity allows students to find programs that match their interests and career goals.
- English Language: English is the primary language of instruction in Australian universities. This attracts students from non-English-speaking countries who want to improve their English language skills while studying.
- Safety: Australia is considered a safe country with a low crime rate. This factor is especially important for international students and their families when choosing a study destination.
- Cultural Diversity: Australian society is multicultural and inclusive, making it a welcoming place for students from all over the world. This diversity allows international students to feel at home and experience different cultures.
- Work Opportunities: Australia offers various work opportunities for international students. Many student visas allow students to work part-time during their studies and full-time during scheduled breaks. After graduation, there are also options for post-study work visas that can lead to permanent residency.
- Beautiful Environment: Australia’s natural beauty, from its stunning coastlines to its unique wildlife and landscapes, is a significant draw for many students. It offers a high quality of life and numerous recreational opportunities.
- Research Opportunities: Australia is involved in cutting-edge research and innovation in various fields. This attracts students interested in pursuing research-based programs.
- Quality of Life: Australia consistently ranks high in terms of quality of life, healthcare, and overall well-being. This makes it an attractive destination for students seeking a comfortable and safe environment.
- Government Support: The Australian government has policies in place to support international students, including protection of their rights and safety through various regulations.
- Pathway to Permanent Residency: Australia offers a clear pathway to permanent residency for skilled international graduates, which is an attractive option for those looking to settle in the country.
- Scholarship Opportunities: Many Australian universities offer scholarships and financial aid to international students, making it more affordable to study in the country.
Popular Courses in Australia
- Computer Science & IT
- Hospitality and Tourism Hotel Management
- Media and Communication
Best Cities to Study in Australia
- Sydney: Sydney, Australia’s largest and most iconic city, is a magnet for international students. It boasts world-class universities like the University of Sydney and the University of New South Wales, offering a wide range of programs. Sydney’s stunning harbor, beautiful beaches, and vibrant urban lifestyle make it an attractive destination. The city’s diverse population and cultural events provide a rich and inclusive environment. Sydney also offers excellent job opportunities, a high quality of life, and a pathway to permanent residency for skilled graduates.
- Melbourne: Melbourne, the capital of Victoria, is renowned for its world-class universities like the University of Melbourne and Monash University, offering diverse academic programs. Melbourne is celebrated for its cultural diversity, making it welcoming to international students. The city prioritizes safety, boasts ample part-time work opportunities, and offers pathways to permanent residency. It consistently ranks high for its quality of life, with excellent healthcare, public transportation, and a vibrant cultural scene. Surrounded by natural beauty, Melbourne provides recreational opportunities, making it an all-encompassing destination for students seeking top-tier education and a rewarding international experience.
- Perth: Perth, the capital of Western Australia, is known for its high-quality education institutions like the University of Western Australia and Curtin University. It offers a more relaxed lifestyle and boasts beautiful beaches and a Mediterranean climate. Perth’s economy is growing, creating job opportunities for students, and it’s considered one of the most liveable cities globally.
- Adelaide: Adelaide, South Australia’s capital, is a city that combines affordability with quality education. Institutions like the University of Adelaide and Flinders University are known for their research and academic excellence. Adelaide’s low living costs, safety, and a pleasant Mediterranean climate make it an attractive choice for students.
- Brisbane: Brisbane, the capital of Queensland, is famous for its universities such as the University of Queensland and Queensland University of Technology. It offers a subtropical climate and a vibrant cultural scene. Brisbane is also a gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and offers various outdoor activities. Graduates have access to post-study work visas and potential permanent residency.
- Canberra: Canberra, the capital of Australia, is known for its political institutions and the Australian National University (ANU). ANU is one of Australia’s leading research universities. Canberra provides a tranquil and safe environment, and its proximity to the government sector offers job opportunities for graduates.
- Hobart: Hobart, the capital of Tasmania, provides a unique study experience. The University of Tasmania is known for its research programs. Hobart offers a peaceful, natural setting with stunning landscapes and a strong focus on environmental science.
- Darwin: Darwin, the capital of the Northern Territory, is known for Charles Darwin University and its multicultural atmosphere. The city offers a tropical climate, outdoor recreational activities, and unique cultural experiences. It’s an emerging destination for international students seeking a different Australian experience.
Intakes in Australia
There are two main intakes for admission in the Australia. The general admission deadline of those intakes along with their start date:
|Academic /Intake Session||Admission Deadline||Starts in|
To know the exact deadline of your university, visit their respective website.
5 Steps for studies in Australia
*Checklist items (Before offer letter)
- Academic Transcripts (10-12)
- Valid passport
- English proficiency test i.e IELTS/ TOEFL
- Standardized test scores i.e SAT/ GMAT/ GRE
- Birth Certificate
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Your Options
- Choose level of study i.e undergraduate or graduate.
- Choose course to study that meets your academic and financial requirements.
- Finance your studies
- Look out for scholarships and financial aid
Scholarships in Australia
Australian Government Scholarships
The Australian government offers a range of scholarships for international students under its Australia Awards program. These scholarships cover full tuition fees, travel expenses, and an allowance for living expenses. They are available for undergraduate, postgraduate, and research students. The Australia Awards are highly competitive, and applicants are assessed based on their academic merit, leadership potential, and contribution to their community.
Many Australian universities offer scholarships to international students. These scholarships can cover full or partial tuition fees and may also provide an allowance for living expenses. University scholarships are generally based on academic merit, but some may also consider other factors such as leadership potential or financial need.
Several private organizations also offer scholarships to international students. These scholarships can cover tuition fees, living expenses, or both. Some of the popular private scholarships for international students include the Endeavour Scholarship and the Fulbright Scholarship. Private scholarships may have specific eligibility criteria, such as being from a particular country or studying a particular course.
Many of the scholarships in Australia are merit-based, which means that they are awarded to students based on their academic performance and other achievements.
Australian Awards Scholarships
Australia awards scholarships are awarded by the Australian Government and are available to students from selected countries who wish to undertake undergraduate or postgraduate study in Australia. The scholarship covers tuition fees, travel expenses, and a living allowance.
- Estimate your living and other expenses
Cost to study in Australia
Cost of Living in Australia
|Expenses||Cost in AUD(per month)|
|Internet and mobile||$50-$100|
- Complete your application process
The following steps are involved in the university application process:
- Apply Offer Letter
- Online Application:
Visit the official website of the university where you wish to apply.
Create an online account and complete the application form, providing accurate and detailed information.
Pay the application fee, if applicable.
- Submit Your Application:
Upload your documents to the online application portal. Ensure that you submit all required documents.
Wait for a Response:
Universities typically take some time to review applications. Check the university’s website for estimated processing times.
- Receive the Offer Letter:
If your application is successful, you will receive a Letter of Offer from the university. This document will include important information about your program, tuition fees, and conditions of acceptance.
- Accept the Offer:
Carefully review the Letter of Offer and make sure you understand all the terms and conditions.
Follow the instructions provided in the offer letter to accept the offer officially. This may involve signing and returning a copy of the offer letter.
- GTE Approval (Genuine Temporary Entrant)
All applicants for a student visa must show they are coming to Australia temporarily to gain quality education.
Following documents should be submitted for GTE approval:
- Official IELTS score
- Academic Transcripts
- Birth Registration
- Attested passport ( All pages)
- Relationship Verification
- Citizenship Color photocopy (All)
- Annual Income (Financial Supporter)
- Occupation Certificate/ PAN number/ Company Registration
- UDIN Number Auditor/ Audit Report
- Co-operative/ Bank Statement
- Land Sold/ Share Sold
- TDS statement/ Tax Clearance
- Pay slip/ Salary Sheet
- Property Valuation
- Land Owner Certificate
- Digital Verification
- Address Verification
- Education Loan/ One Day Balance
- Offer Letter with Signature
- Final GTE SOP
- Recommendation Letter
- Police clearance certificate (if required)
- Medical report (if required)
It takes 5-15 days for you GTE approval.
AFTER GTE APPROVAL
- Apply for COE
COE stands for “Confirmation of Enrolment.” In the context of international students studying in Australia, a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is an important document issued by an Australian education provider, typically a university or college. The CoE serves as proof that a student has been officially accepted into a registered course or program at that institution.
- Steps to apply for COE
- Fillup NOC and pay the tuition fee
You will need to pay the tuition fees before the start of your program. The institution will provide details on payment methods and deadlines. Payment options may include wire transfers, credit card payments, or payment through the institution’s online portal.
Once you have paid the tuition fees of 1 semester request for COE by
- Sending Proof of Tuition Payment
- OSHC Payment Proof
Only after your COE is approved then you can apply for your student visa.
4) Apply for your student visa (Visa Lodge)
- Apply for a Student Visa (Subclass 500):
- Visit the Australian Department of Home Affairs website and complete the student visa application online.
- Pay the visa application fee and provide all required documentation, including the CoE, proof of financial capacity, and health insurance (Overseas Student Health Cover, or OSHC).
- Visa Approval:
- Wait for your student visa to be approved. This process may take several weeks, so apply well in advance of your program start date.
5) Prepare for departure
Once your visa application is granted, it’s time to plan your trip to Australia. Be certain that you have all the necessary documentation with you upon your arrival, including your passport, study permit, Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE), and offer letter.
Don’t forget to review the particular guidelines issued by your educational institution, as they might have their own specific procedures and prerequisites for confirming your enrollment and handling tuition payments. Furthermore, it’s of utmost importance to keep track of deadlines and adhere to all provided instructions meticulously to guarantee a seamless transition into your study experience in Australia.